What we’re looking for
- Original content. It can’t be published anywhere else, now or in the future.
- Post centered around a quality keyword.
- High quality post with accurate information
- Our posts are generally 1,000-3,000.
- A well formatted post. Please include an introduction, body broken up into bite sized paragraphs, and a conclusion
- Posts written in a friendly, non-judgmental way
- Having your own images is a huge plus, but not required. Please do not send stock images.
Topics We’re Interested in
- Hiking and backpacking guides. These can be for trails, parks, whole cities, etc.
- Outdoor Parenting
- Humorous articles on an outdoorsy topic
- Local’s Guide to (almost) anything outdoors related.
- How To’s that fit with the outdoors theme
- Outdoorsy destination guides
- Outdoors gear and clothing reviews
- Personal experiences of hiking and backpacking trails and destinations
What’s in for You
Backlink to your blog
New eyes on your content
What’s in it for Us
New, high quality content for our readers
What We Need From You
- We include an author biography in each guest post. We need a few sentences telling our readers about yourself. If you have hiking/outdoors related social media accounts, you can send those as well.
How to Pitch your Article
Send us an email with the subject line “YOUR NAME GUEST SUBMISSION” [write at hikingthemidwest dot com]
Include the titles of the post(s) you’d like us to consider, as well as a paragraph or two describing each post.
Tell us what makes you qualified on this subject, if applicable
Let us know if you have your own images
and your author bio, and outdoors related social media information if you’d like to include it